From time to time I need to eat super light due to my hypothyroidism. I often will replace a heavier meal with just veggies or fruit, but that gets so boring!
Today I found myself with farm fresh strawberries I got at the farmers market and a cucumber. I didn’t have lettuce or kale so I didn’t know how I would make this an enjoyable meal. And then did a quick search and saw I could make a cucumber strawberry salad.
1 cucumber-washed and sliced thin
I pint strawberries-washed slices thin
2.5 oz goat cheese- honey, herbed or plain
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup honey
1/6 cup balsamic vinegar-white or dark
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
- After washing and slicing cucumber and strawberries put in a dish stacking them and alternating(shown in photo).
- Make salad dressing by combining vinegar and honey in a dressing shaker. Shake like crazy to combine vinegar and honey until smooth.
- Pour dressing over cucumber and strawberries.
- Crumble goat cheese over dish.
- Sprinkle walnuts over dish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately, if you manage to have leftovers put in a sealed container.