This year Greg and I spent Thanksgiving with his family in Maryland, we had a packed day. We did a turkey trot 5k in the community across from where our house will be built, brunch at his sisters house, and dinner at his cousins house.
I love brunch, much more than I love running so when Robyn said they were hosting brunch I knew I could’t show up without bringing something. I wracked my brain for appealing brunch items, but would also be easy to make…..So i came up with moderately healthy spinach and feta egg cups (some people call these muffins, but I find that to be very misleading).
1 dozen Large or Extra large eggs
1/2 cup-1 cup roughly chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1 pack chives-diced
1 container of feta cheese, crumbled (approx. 10 oz-or to taste!)
1/4 cup whole milk ( or whatever you have)
2-4 Tbsp. Onion/Chive cream cheese
- Preheat your oven to bake 400.
- Spray muffin tins with non stick cooking spray of your choice. (12-18 muffins)
- Bring your cream cheese to room temp of microwave for 30-60 sec. in 30 sec intervals.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk and cream cheese and incorporate. (its ok if cream cheese is a little lumpy, but get red of big pieces).
- Mix in feta, onions, spinach.
- Pour (using a spoon of ladle) mixture evenly into muffin tins.
- Finely slice your chives and top each egg mixture with even amounts of chives to taste.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let rest for 203 minutes.
When they come out they will be big and puffy, but then deflate, don’t be discouraged its just how the cookie crumbles.